At Gibson Booth we provide rewarding career opportunities for prospective chartered accountants, auditors, tax advisers and payroll professionals.
If you are enthusiastic about numbers and accountancy, audit, tax or payroll and believe you can provide a high-quality service, we would love to hear from you. We are always looking for staff who can provide our customers with a detailed, thorough understanding of the significant areas of accountancy.
Please contact us for more information.
Salary: up to £35k
Gibson Booth Ltd is a progressive and forward-thinking firm which has enjoyed and continues to enjoy business growth.
Due to continued success an opportunity has arisen to strengthen the Accountancy team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing Statutory Accounts from core accounting records. These can be manual records, spreadsheets or data imported from accounting software.
- Balancing control accounts and preparing accounts files using the Mercia framework and using checklists, for example Company Accounts Checklists.
- Preparing accounts from clients accounting software packages including IRIS, SAGE, XERO, Quickbooks, this involves data interrogation.
- Preparing tax computations for sole traders and partnerships, Corporation Tax returns for Ltd Companies.
- Correspondence with clients and managers to complete assignments. This can involve, meetings, agenda, reports, analysis, letters, bills etc.
- Completion of bookkeeping work on behalf of clients.
- Preparing VAT returns and filing with HMRC.
- Producing management accounts for review by managers and directors. This can involve data analysis and narrative.
Skills and Qualities
To be considered for this position, the ideal candidate should have strong numeracy skills, excellent organisations skills and be a confident communicator.
We will consider applicants who have already completed AAT L4 or who consider themselves to be qualified by experience having realised practical experience in an accountancy practice setting.
Salary and Benefits
- Up to £35k dependent on experience
- Flexible Working Hours
- On-Site Car Parking
- Supportive Learning Environment
- Opportunities for Career Progression
Please submit CVs to email@example.com