The Charity Commission recommends that a not-for-profit organisation reviews its service providers on a regular basis, to ensure they receive best value for money.
Gibson Booth Chartered Accountants & Business Advisers has an impeccable reputation and are well known for being business advisers to Not-for-Profit organisations. We currently work with many organisations including: charities, members' clubs and associations and we are confident in our ability to suggest innovative approaches to their organisation's requirements.
We are different from our competitors because we offer, and provide:
- A well planned hassle free service which is value for money.
- A specialist team who have the necessary skills and experience to deliver bespoke solutions to your business issues while providing support and advice to management and trustees alike in every area of not for profit finance.
- A team of professionals who will work on your premises, if you so require, working in harmony with your own team members.
Gibson Booth's dedicated Charity team is headed by our Partner Scott Mell. Scott is responsible for audit, accountancy and business advice to a wide portfolio of charities and other businesses in Barnsley and across South Yorkshire. Scott and his team are fully conversant with all the issues this sector faces and are able to provide help in the following areas:
- Preparation of charity accounts which are compliant with the requirements of the Charities Act 1993 and the Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and Companies Act 2006 for incorporated charities.
- Audits and Independent examinations
- Advising on the appropriate treatment of specific funds
- Advising on efficient accounting systems
- Audits required by third party funders
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow
- Tax planning
- Payroll and PAYE health checks via our specialist payroll company, Salary Solutions Limited
- VAT advice, for example, the VAT Treatment of income streams and VAT recovery on new build projects.
Gibson Booth provides a full range of email news alerts and bulletins via our website.
If you would like to be kept informed electronically, please contact: Kevin Steel
For further information or to arrange a short exploratory meeting without cost or obligation with one of our specialist Charity team members, please click here.
Alternatively, you can call us free of charge on 0800 019 9644
Scott Mell, Partner.
- About us
- News desk
- Business services
- Specialist sectors
- Personal services
- Autumn Statement 2013
- Year end tax guide
- Budget 2013
- Minimising capital taxes
- Tax efficient investments
- Financial planning and strategy guide 2013/14
- Tax planning for business owners
- Tax rates and allowances
- Offshore issues update
- PAYE and NI
- IR35 Centre
- Tax and business calendar
- Budget archive
- The Finance Bill 2011
- Regulation changes from April 2012
- Contact us